20 March 2008

Sugar & spice & all things nice.

I've been too bitchy, whiney, venty, sad, angry...a cow really...so I am not going to write about anything negative today. It will be difficult as it cuts out a lot of my subject matter, lol, but will try my best!



So I cannot speak of AH, money, my car, men, telephone company's, the kids...well that's not true.....my gorgeous son just got busted emptying his money box, which would normally send me in a spin (yeahh like screaming mad....boy has a history of looting his money box...), but he was doing it so he could buy ME an easter present, ended in lots of tears & cuddles. He doesn't want me to miss out....Have a great son there, I reckon! He'll get extra eggs off the easter bunny me thinks ;-)


Onto other good stuff!

I have some GREAT news.

Last Friday I picked up my tickets.


My golden tickets.


Tickets that make me smile.


Tickets that make me giddy.


Tickets I failed to mention cos my kids were left stranded at school.

MATCHBOX 20 TICKETS!!!!

You heard me! I am sooooooo excited I could scream...well in fact I did a little squeal as I got to my car, out of prying eyes, with them in my hot little hands!


SQUEEEEEE!!!!



I cannot wait!!!! I've been listening to them non-stop, practising the words, deafening the kids & neighbours, practised my panty throwing....(I was doing my bra, but my panty size is more impressive than my bra size)...I have the cheapest tickets in the house, so will be in the mosh-pit (I think that term was only good for my old head-banging concerts though....what do you call it for the best band evah!!!! The swoon-pit maybe....ahhhhh Rob Thomas.....) My poor sister, who is my designated "date" is avoiding me....I think she feels she's being stalked, by my constant, random "WOOHOO!!! We're going to Matchbox 20" messages...get with the program honey, we are seeing Royalty!!!!



OK must stop.....am getting a little to *ahem* excited ;-p




breathe Kirst breathe....ok...next....




Actually this isn't necessarily positive....more a bit deranged.....but it could go under frugal....or psychotic.....but it's not negative....and that's what I'm aiming for......



After listening to Optus hold music & speaking to people in Bombay & Manilla, I think something snapped in my brain.....



This was my hair......

... see all the disgusting straggly bits..........

I had hair balls that looked like tumbleweed blowing through my house.....was not pretty......I've been wanting a haircut for about a year, but agoraphobia & more recently, the budget, has prevented me from doing so......so....my brain snapped....so I grabbed the tools....


Yes...very professional!


I have an issue with scissors in this house....they vanish!


All I could find was a pair of the kids cheap craft scissors.They cut paper, so that was good enough for me......at the time......hair IS thinner than paper right?


So I wet my hair bent over and cut! Scissors aint so sharp...try smaller chunks of hair......

The evidence........



I cut a fair chunk off........ 6 inches baby..........................






Yeah, you can't see the ruler, but it was...I promise!





Then it wasn't even, and I forgot to take photo's.....but I got this afterwards....







That is just the extra bits....trying to get it even.....which isn't easy!



So more than 6 inches were gone!




I saw Oprah cut someones hair once....and she did a much better job...she must have practised....cos it isn't easy....but I'm not whining...just stating fact!





This is my hair now! (Thanks to DS for his wonderful photographic skills lol...."What's a blog mum?" )
....hmmmmmm not so straight....but better than what it was......And now a front on photo to show it is indeed shorter! I am wearing DS pokemon mask, as my face has erupted in pussy boils, and there is nothing negative on here tonight! Oh and another before photo so we get the REAL picture......
MY GOD THAT BEFORE HAIR IS MANKY!
I've NEVER seen it like that! eeeew!
Let's scream FERAL!!!!






I mean puss, not the cat...pussie? boils...ooh it's getting dirty in here now.... or is it pus??? Maybe I should find a dictionary......let's just say I'm Zit City 90210!


Oooh look the left is a bit longer........and that Pokemon mask does something weird to my neck....I'm 29 still you know.....no double chins here! Or strange-enlarged-whitened-weirdness-of-neck-area-disease....damn kid....has FINALLY fallen asleep when I need a re-shoot!
He was jumping off the fucking lounge 10 minutes ago....with me screaming for them to sleep! NOW he decides to sleep....when mum needs a retouch!
Selfish Bugger!


May have to work on that tomorrow...


Crikey, I may end up doing a Britney, and shaving it all off LOL


And WHAT is with the wavy hair???? I've had dead straight hair forever!


Part of aging perhaps? With the greys....which thankfully you CANNOT see......I have a hair dye in my cupboard, which was waiting for my hair cut...so maybe we'll do that tomorrow too :-) (After I even up the back bit....a little TOO V-line for my liking!)

Kxx


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL. That was a very entertaining post babe! :) You did a great job on the hair.

Enjoy your concert. I'm too old for "mosh pits" I'm sure (in my head anyway).

Kirstie said...

Thanks!
I tried to fix it up a bit the next day....but it just got shorter, so I left it lol
I'm too old for mosh-pits too, lol, but it was all I could afford (well not even :-/) But I'm sooooooooooo excited!!!!!!
K